Sunday, June 14, 2009

Purple Lasagne



My beautiful red headed granddaughter ordered a purple quilt to take a nap with when she is at Grami, and Papa's house so this is what I came up with. It is a Lasagne quilt, done in every shade of purple imaginable. It is also the first quilt that I machine quilted on my new machine quilting frame, and I think I did quite well for my first quilt. It is a basic large meander.

Machine quilting is not as easy as some may think it is. There is more to it than just moving the machine around. When Lexi was here Friday it was still on the frame, and she wanted to finish it for me. I think she just may be a quilter. She always asks me about my "chine" as she calls it, and goes in and looks over my fabric and feels it. She just loves all of the fabric, so I am thinking that it must be a good sign.

I am hoping to get another quilt quilted but it is just so beautiful outside, that I want to be out there enjoying all of the warmth and sunshine. It was such a long winter, and summer seams so short, that I need to enjoy it while I can.

W.)

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Oh, Wilma, this is a wonderful quilt and the name you picked is terrific! I like the idea of an all-over-meander. Bet it looks great on this graphic quilt.
Isn't it fun being a 'grammy'?
Hugs,
/;-)

Lori said...

Hi Wilma, Came over via Quiltblockswappers. I am jealous of your frame. Your purple quilt is great!
I have the machine (brother nouvelle 1500s) Now I am saving for the frame... sigh...
Tell me it's easier than just quilting on the machine is it?