Monday, June 29, 2009

Flower Head Pin

I am not sure if this is a testimony of the durability of the Janome 6600, the Organ Sewing Machine needle, or just plain old fashioned luck. But tonight as I was layering a quilt and basting the edge to get ready to frame machine quilt a quilt, I accidentally got to close to a pin, and I didn't see it, until I was done, but I felt a pop - pop - pop, and I heard it as well, and just assumed it had hit a thick seam. Well to make a long story short, as I removed all of the pins, and went to meander the first row, I haven't to see a pin that I had missed under the edge of the seam, and I had to get my seam ripper out to remove it as I had sewn it the the quilt threw the flower head. I couldn't believe it. The needle didn't break, the machine is purring like a kitten, and so far (knock on wood) it is still sewing like a dream. This just amazes me as I have broken needles just sewing over a seam wrong, and this didn't sew just once threw the head as you can see it went threw it 3 times. Now is that luck or what.

W.)

No comments: